Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Friend.

Talks with my grandmother are always filled with little obscurities, ones that can easily bring me to tears, but more times than not, make me smile and chuckle. Tonight I talked to her nearly an hour, about really anything that came to mind - The Oscars, cheese, doctors, night owl cookies, bunt cakes, family dinners, my cousin, traveling, her kids, her migration from Deitroit to California at the age of 17, the way she met my grandfather, their frist date, their second date to the rose bowl where she had to rise at 4:00 am to get a good standing spot, but was extra tired because the night before was out with another guy, the way she ate only half of things when she first moved here to loose weight, her urge to move to New York, how a half of cantaloupe just isn't offered anymore in restaurants, her brother, how she often calls my cousin "Tayler", Sasha, her awe over the google ap on her iphone, the parties she wants to throw, numbers, Sin City, age, time, friends.

My day was made by her batches and endless flow of randomness, I love her, and at the end of the conversation, I was happy to hear she felt the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment